Steven G. Farrell the Public Speaker
Steven G. Farrell, a Professor in the Speech and Theater Department," at Greenville Technical College, South Carolina, has given many presentations in the past.
His most recent presentation was
"A Letter From Al Moran: The Mersey Boys book and film" presented on November 29, 2017.
1) Universal Studio Clasic Horror Movies 1931 to 1948
2) The Irish American Gangster on Film
3) Cicero: My Favorite Rhetorician
4) Irish American Fighters: John L. Sullivan to Micky Ward
5) The Devil and Stephen Vincent Benet
6) Three Theories on the St. Valentine's Day Massacre
7) Irish american Hellcats: Molly Brown, Nellie Bly, Anne Sullivan & Mother Brown
8) The Three Faces of Elvis Presley
9) San Francisco's Irish American Community at the Time of the San Francisco Earthquake, 1906
Steven G. Farrell shall do a 1 hour presentation titled "The Irish-American in Film." His books, "Mersey Boys" and "Celtic Badger Publishers Presents," shall be offered for sale for $10 each.
You may register on-line at email@example.com
or by telephoning 864-277-7397.
Upcoming Steve Farrell Presentations
"Classic Horror Films" October 27th, 6 to 7, at the W. Jack Greer Library in Mauldin, South Carolina. 38 people were in audience, including Nayla and Kyle.
"The Devil and Daniel Webster," February 8th, 2017lecture and film, 3.30 to 6. Greenville Technical College University Transfer Building, Greenville, South Carolina.
"Irish Gangster Films," March 15th, 3.30-4.30,at Greenville Technical College Library, Greenville, South Carolina.
Steven G. Farrell shall be making his third and final stage appearance as Ole Fezziwig, December 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th, 2016.
March 8, 2017 at the Scholars' Corner
The Irish-American in Film
2nd Wednesdays: Exploring Ideas Speakers Series, featuring Steve Farrell, Assistant Professor of Speech Communication
Examining the depiction of Irish-Americans in Hollywood movies from the silent movie era up until the modern time, with a focus on the depiction of
Professor Farrell's published essays on the subject include "Mickey Machine Gun is Back" (Crime & Irish-American Cultural Institute), "Galloping Gallagher Deserves the Gallows" (Talking Pictures), "Irish-American Hellcats" (The Path), and "Green & Black Smashmouth" (Irish-American Post & Boxing News).
October 11, 2017 at Scholars Corner, GTC Library. 59 in attendance!
2nd Wednesdays: Exploring Ideas Speakers Series, featuring Steve Farrell, Associate Professor of Speech Communication.
Presentation will draw from three articles Professor Farrell has published with Scary Monsters
- "Bela Lugosi becomes Dracula"
- "Boris Karloff becomes Frankenstein"
- "Abbott & Costello meet Lugosi, Chaney, and Strange"
Date: Wednesday, October 11,
Time: 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Location: Barton Library Scholars' Corner
“Mersey Boys” a novel about the Beatles $10
“Bowery Ripper & the Loose and More Stories $10